Savings under the sun
When your roof heats up, your air conditioning works harder and you spend more money on energy costs. Upgrade with ENERGY STAR qualified roof products to lower your power bill by 10-15% and earn cash back from incentives.
If you have already installed ENERGY STAR roofing, you can get a rebate of $0.25 per square foot, up to a maximum of $400. Applications are accepted online or by calling (877) 655-4001. Already applied for a rebate? Check the status
How a cool roof helps you save
According to ENERGY STAR, “solar reflectance is the most important characteristic of a roof product in terms of yielding the highest energy savings during warmer months.”
Reflective roof products come in more than one form — from roof coverings and tiles to paints and PVC sheets. Another bonus is that these products protect your roof. Your roof will last longer, which increases the overall eco-friendliness of your home.
Learn more about reflective roofing at Cool Roof Rating Council.
- Incentive amounts, program rules, and regulations are subject to change.
- In the event that incentive amounts change, the purchase date of the product or equipment will be used to determine the incentive amount.
- Offer is available to Gulf Power residential customers only.
- Application must be submitted online or by phone within 60 days of the installation of qualifying products.
- The incentive for qualifying roofing products is limited to a maximum of $400 per residence.
- Qualifying roofing products must constitute the uppermost surface of the building structure only.
- Qualifying roofing products must meet the most current ENERGY STAR guidelines and have an initial solar reflectance as defined below.
- Greater than or equal to 0.65 for low-slope roofs defined in accordance with ASTM Standard E 1918-97 as roof surfaces with a slope of 2:12 inches, or less.
- Greater than or equal to 0.25 for steep-slope roofs — defined as roof surfaces with a slope greater than 2:12 inches.
- Prior to payment of incentive, the following conditions must be met:
- Complete incentive application.
- Documentation of proof of product qualifications (including manufacturer and the appropriate efficiency specifications of the products).
- Sales receipt documentation including date of installation.
- Neither the payment of an incentive, nor any inspection by the company shall be deemed as guaranty or warranty by the company.
- Installation must pass Gulf Power's verification process.