If you have a swimming pool, chances are you have a higher-than-average energy bill. Pool pumps can use a significant amount of energy - even the most efficient ones. The most efficient pool pump is the one that runs smartest-at the minimum speed needed to get a job done. That's exactly what a variable-speed pump can do for you, making it the superior choice for energy-conscious pool owners.
Gulf Power has temporarily suspended incentives for this program, and is currently not accepting applications. EarthCents incentives are offered on a limited basis, so check back periodically for future opportunities.
Click Here for Eligibility Requirements
- Gulf Power reserves the right to temporarily suspend this program. Incentive amounts, program rules, and regulations are subject to change. Before you submit an application, please be sure to verify the most current program eligibility and incentive amounts listed on our website, where you also can download the latest version of applications.
- Offer is available to Gulf Power residential customers only.
- Qualifying pool pump must be new, operational and must be purchased during the effective dates of the program.
- Application must be made within 60 days of the installation of qualifying products.
- All pool pump and motors must meet certain requirements listed on our website.
- Qualifying models include, but are not limited to the following:
- Flo Pro: VS-FHP-2.0 (requires controller)
- Fluidra USA LLC: P-280, P-300, P-580, P-600
- Hayward: EcoStar SP3400VSP or SVRS-SP3400VSPVR; Max-Flo SP2300VSP or SP2600VSP; or TriStar SP322063EEV (requires either SP3220VSC or SP3220VSCAQL drive/motor)
- Hybrid Pumps LLC: Hemi-X2 or X3
- Jandy/Zodiac ePump: JEP 1.5 or JEP 2.0 (requires controller)
- Pentair: IntelliFlo i1-11088, XF VS-22005, VF-11012, VS+SVRS-11017, VS-11018, VS-3050 11013
- Sta-Rite: IntelliFlo VS+SVRS-P6E6XS4H-209L, VS-3050 P6E6Y4H-209L, P6EVS4H-209L; or IntelliPro XF VS-23005, VS P6E6VS4H-209L, VS+SVRS-P6E6VS4H-209L
- Waterway Plastics Inc.: ECONO-VS; ECONO-VSA
- Two-speed pumps, pond, spa, pool cleaner/booster, and water feature pumps do not qualify.
- Prior to payment of incentive, the following conditions must be met:
- Complete incentive application
- Documentation of proof of product qualifications (including manufacturer and the appropriate efficiency specifications of the products)
- Sales receipt documentation including date of installation
- Installation must pass Gulf Power's verification process
- Neither the payment of an incentive, nor any inspection by the company shall be deemed as guaranty or warranty by the company.
- Download this booklet full of ways to save money and energy at home.
- Library of detailed information about efficiency in your home or business.
- To find qualifying equipment or products, check out ENERGY STAR™
- U.S. Department of Energy offers advice about Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
- Use Calculators and tools to see if an energy efficient product is right for you.
Pool pumps can use a significant amount of energy - even the most efficient ones. For example, a typical one horsepower pump running for 12 hours at 13 cents per kWh costs about $2.34 per day to operate. That equates to more than $70 per month.
Pool pumps often run much longer than necessary. Reduce your filtration time to 6 hours per day. If the water doesn't appear clean, increase the time in half-hour increments until it does. In Florida, most people who reduced pumping to less than 3 hours per day were still happy with the water's quality. On average, this saved them 60 percent of their electricity bill for pumping.
You can install a timer to control the pump's cycling. If debris is a problem, use a timer that can activate the pump for many short periods each day. Running the pump continuously for, say, 3 hours leaves the other 21 hours a day for the pool to collect debris. Several short cycles keep the pool cleaner all day.
An even better strategy for keeping your pool operating costs as low as possible would be to enroll in Gulf Power's Energy Select program. In addition to control of your pool pump, Energy Select also allows you to save money by operating your pool pump during times when electric rates are lower than normal.