Is the expense of a second, working refrigerator or freezer making your monthly electricity bill seem heavier? Let Gulf Power recycle it for free, and we will give you $35! Plus you can save up to $150 a year in electricity.
or call 1-855-559-2523
Click Here for Eligibility Requirements
- Gulf Power reserves the right to temporarily suspend this program. Incentive amounts, program rules, and regulations are subject to change. Before you submit an application, please be sure to verify the most current program eligibility and incentive amounts listed on our website, where you also can download the latest version of applications.
- FREE pick-up.
- $35 for each working refrigerator and freezer. (limit 2)
- Offer is available to Gulf Power residential customers only, for refrigerator or freezer at the account holder's service address.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size.
- Refrigerator or freezer must be clean, empty and working at the time of pick-up, and accessible with a clear and safe path for removal.
- The removal team will not risk injury, remove personal effects or modify your home (e.g. remove doors or railings) to remove the unit(s).
- Offer is limited to two (2) units per customer address per calendar year.
- Old refrigerators and freezers typically use two times more electricity than newer models that are being produced today.
- Responsible disposal-dismantling and recycling parts in an environmentally conscious way. Old appliances are sent to a recycling facility operated by JACO Environmental, a leading, national provider of appliance recycling services. JACO's process includes the recycling of nearly 95 percent of each refrigerator including metals, plastic, oils and the foam insulation. The foam removed from the appliances is incinerated and the heat generated from that incineration process is then used to create new energy.