Solar Photovoltaic for Electricity
When sunlight hits photovoltaic (PV) materials it is converted into electricity. Many homes and businesses install solar PV panels to provide portions of their electricity needs. Gulf Power offers an incentive of $2 per watt up to a maximum of $10,000 per installation of a qualified system.
Online incentives are limited and must be reserved through online application before installation of qualifying solar systems.
All funding has been reserved for 2012. Apply for 2013 incentives beginning 9 a.m. Central Standard Time (CST) on October 1, 2012, to receive payment in 2013. All eligibility requirements apply.
- You must be a Gulf Power residential or business customer.
- Application must be in the name of the Gulf Power account holder and must include the Gulf Power account number.
- Incentive reservation applications are accepted online only.
- Reservations will be issued on a first-come basis until all funds are committed.
- To qualify for the incentive, you must apply for and receive an approved reservation from Gulf Power PRIOR to system installation.
- An approved reservation does not guarantee that a rebate will be awarded, only that funding for a rebate is available should the system be installed, meet all program requirements and pass inspection.
- AFTER receiving an approved reservation and PRIOR to installation of the system, Gulf Power must perform an on-site Energy Check-Up.
- Systems must be a minimum of 2 kW DC. You may install a PV system larger than 5kW, but the incentive is limited to a maximum of $10,000.
- The PV system must be installed by a State of Florida licensed electrician or solar contractor within 90 days of receiving an approved reservation from Gulf Power.
- All major system components must be new (not previously used or refurbished).
- Retrofits or upgrades to existing systems do not qualify.
- Systems must comply with all local, state, and federal codes and standards.
- Systems must be interconnected to Gulf Power's electric distribution system and meet all Gulf Power Net Metering interconnection requirements.
- Gulf Power must inspect the PV system after installation.
- Incentive will be paid for approved PV installation after receipt and verification of the following supporting documentation:
- " Completed and signed copy of the reservation application and confirmation sheet (NOTE: This MUST be signed by the customer of record and installing contractor. You will be required to print this documentation at the end of the online application process!),
- Copy of installing contractor's Purchase Agreement,
- Copy of contractor's final invoice showing total system cost including installation,
- Copy of contractor solar site survey. (Must be signed and dated by customer of record.),
- Copy of PV Watts calculation sheet, (Must be signed and dated by customer of record.),
- Net Metering Application and Net Metering Agreement including:
- Panel specification sheet showing UL1703 certification.
- Inverter specification sheet showing UL1741/IEEE 1547 certification.
- Line schematic of system.
- Copy of local code enforcement agency report indicating installation has passed all applicable inspections.
Note: Solar site survey must provide a site specific solar plot using the Solar Pathfinder, Solnetric Sun Eye, or equivalent tool.
Current available funds: $
Please Note: Due to possible high volume of simultaneous applicants, funds may be depleted prior to completing the online application. You will be notified of available funds remaining throughout the application process.
Gulf Power has allocated $435,000 per year towards Solar PV incentives through the year 2014. Each year we'll accept reservations from residential and business customers wishing to install a PV system and qualify for a rebate. Reservations will be issued on a first-come basis until all funds are committed.
A reservation does not guarantee that a rebate will be awarded, only that funding for a rebate is available should the system be installed, meet all program requirements and pass inspection.
Before you start the application process, please gather the following information:
- Valid Gulf Power customer account number and account information including: exact name of customer of record, address, mailing address (if different), phone, email
- Contractor name, contact person, address, phone, email, website, license number(s)
- If applicable, subcontractor name, contact person, address, phone, email, website, license number(s)
- Contractor's Purchase Agreement including the following:
- Panel manufacturer, model number, DC rating, number of panels
- Inverter manufacturer, model number, max voltage
- System azimuth and tilt
- Shading derate factor from contractor solar site survey
- Total system cost including installation
Connecting to the Grid
For our customers who have installed a renewable energy system (up to 2 MW) on their homes or businesses, Gulf Power offers Net Metering which allows us to meter the system and provide credit to the customer for any excess electricity generated.