For the Home.
Making your home more energy efficient can help to reduce your energy bills, improve comfort and help protect the environment. Improving energy efficiency is also an important first step for homeowners interested in green remodeling. Whether you do-it-yourself or hire a qualified professional, we can guide you and provide incentives to help with costs.
- Energy Checkup - free analysis of the energy efficiency of your home is the first step to find ways to use less energy and save money. Go online to answer a few questions about your home and appliances, and you'll get an analysis with recommendations - from quick, no-cost tips to smart investments - for making your home more efficient. Or call us to have someone assist you with the online check-up or schedule a Check-Up at your home. If you are building a new home, call us to receive a free pre-construction analysis that includes heating and cooling system sizing and building envelope recommendations.
- Heating and cooling - maintenance program for central heating and cooling systems provides discounts up to $215 on routine maintenance, up to $300 for ductwork repair, $150 for fan motor replacement, and up to $1,000 for a new heat pump system or $500 per ton for geothermal systems
- Water heating - $700 to install a heat pump water heater
- Windows - $1.00 per square foot for qualified windows or film
- Insulation - $0.15 per square foot for additional insulation in existing homes
- Roofing - $0.25 for a qualified reflective roof
- Pool pumps - $300 for variable speed pool pump
- Energy Select - free installation of Energy Select, an interactive system that includes a programmable thermostat that allows central heating and cooling system, electric water heater and pool pump to automatically respond to varying prices of electricity depending upon the time of day, day of week and season
- Appliances - toward purchase of ENERGY STAR® refrigerator $50; freezer $25; window AC unit $75; clothes washer $75
- Appliance recycling - $35 plus free pickup of older, inefficient refrigerators and freezers used as secondary appliances
- EarthCents Home program - why build or buy a Gulf Power EarthCents home?
- Electric Vehicles - low-cost, off-peak rates for electric vehicle charging.